Wednesday 22 July 2009

How True!

The way I feel about 2009 has changed dramatically in the last few months. It's fair to say for one reason or another the start of the year was shit with a capital S.

Erring on the side of pessimism has often been a trait of mine but no longer. Don't get me wrong, I haven't suddenly become an eternal optimist (it's not by chance that journalists are some of the most cynical people around) but I'm seeing the brighter side of life - and I like what I see.

Someone told me back in January that being made redundant, would, eventually be the best thing that ever happened to me. At the time, I didn't believe it but finally 7 months on, I can say, that while it wasn't the best, it certainly hasn't been the worst.

I'm working again but this time I feel like I'm my own boss, making decisions that I never had the chance to before.

So, when I saw this cushion by Emily Peacock I thought I would adapt it as my new mantra.

Because let's be honest, it's true! It also reminded me of a quote I saw recently in a magazine " fear is temporary, regret lasts forever" I'm kinda standing by that one too.


No comments:

Post a Comment