Tuesday 28 July 2009

Leaving On A Jet Plane...

I'll let you into a secret, I'm a little bit obsessed with aviation.

I love planes, adore flying (even the take off bit that everyone seems to hate sees me sitting with a huge grin on my face) and become like a small child in a sweet shop when visiting an airport.

It has to be said though, travelling used to be a lot more glamorous. Trips were planned (rather than just decided on a whim with a quick log on to EasyJet) and women had their hair beautifully coiffed with glamorous outfits and lipsticked smiles.

Today it seems that even celebs can't be bothered to dress up - choosing comfort over style.

Which is why I was delighted to be told about this cushion from Mini Moderns. It's from their Lost & Found collection, which turns vintage fabrics into stunning cushions.

I love vintage fabrics because they always feel like they have a story behind them. With some late night detective work, I found out that this yellow fabric started off life having something to do with the British Overseas Airways Corporation.

Perhaps it was used for stewardesses uniforms or even those little covers they used on the seat head rests.

Either way, I love it and think it would look perfect in my living room.



1 comment: