Monday 13 July 2009

The Tree Of Life

A while ago (mostly because we couldn't get Sky to work) we had to chop down bits of the only tree in our garden.

I knew it had to be done (after all how else was I going to watch Gossip Girl?) but as the other half balanced precariously on the ladders, wielding a saw with me muttering about him being careful and cursing Rupert Murdoch at the same time, I felt a little tear in my eye.

I love trees, new saplings, beautiful old oaks, cherry trees are my particular favourite (I never climbed them mind, much too girly for that sort of shenanigans) so it made me sad to see us butchering our only one.

Trees and nature have long been the inspiration for interiors designers, and this gorgeous Dotty cushion from 95% Danish (available at Furnish) is no different.

I love the almost naive design and gorgeous mustard shade of the leaves (it's also available in two other colours) and its going on my wish list as a must-have of the new season.

Well, buying a cushion might relieve my guilt until the real tree grows back...


No comments:

Post a Comment