Thursday 19 February 2009

Manhattan Dreaming

I've been day dreaming (yes, I know I meant to be looking for a job) a lot about NYC a lot recently. 

I fell in love with this most amazing city back in May last year when I spent an amazing five days there. You often hear people bang on about their "holiday of a lifetime" and this was definitely mine. 

The day dreaming has only been increased by pouring over the amazing Elliott Erwitt's New York book (bought as a Christmas present by my boy) Elliot's photography is amazing - in fact if you love NYC as much as me, I urge you to splash out on it. 

I was thinking about New York, when I came across this cushion by Snowden Flood. I love Snowden's work, in fact her cushions are among my favourites on this blog. 

And her Statue of Liberty design, is no exception. By the way, I cannot even begin to put into words the excitement I felt when I first saw this iconic landmark. 

So, in the absence of having the funds to travel over the pond, I'll make do with snuggling up with my New York cushion and book...

No comments:

Post a Comment