Friday 13 February 2009

Retro Revival

It's Friday the 13th and while I'm not a overly superstitious person, I've decided I'll stay in the warm and look for beautiful chairs, cushions and rugs. 

I'm actually really surprised that I've not featured one of Marimekko's cushions before. I adore this Finnish design company with all its stylish and quirky fabric designs and their shop on St Christopher's Place is a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of Oxford St. 

It was really tricky deciding what cushion of theirs to feature. Should I go for the fun, giant pink flowers or the sophisticated monochrome design. 

In the end this retro Lumimarja design got my vote. I love it's colours and simple design and it reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on but more importantly than that, it's perfect for my new living room, which as I write is having it's first coat of paint. 


No comments:

Post a Comment