Tuesday 13 January 2009

Botanic Inspiration

I might have the creative edge when it comes to writing (yes, I am blowing my own trumpet) but put a pencil or paintbrush in my hand and nothing creative happens.

Instead, little stick men emerge on the paper and not a lot else. In fact, all I'm capable of drawing is a plan of how I envisage a magazine feature looking. 

Anyway, it's for this sole reason that I really admire people who can draw. I'm not just talking artists here, but designers, architects and especially fabric designers are all high on my admiration list. 

Which is why I've always loved Clarissa Hulse's designs. She takes her inspiration from nature and transforms humble flowers, leaves and tress into botanical delights. 

There are loads of cushions to choose from (not to mention wallpaper, lampshades, bedding and more) but this Dogwood design is definitely my favourite. 



No comments:

Post a Comment