Saturday 10 January 2009

Power Trip

I have a enormous affection for Batttersea Power Station, not just because I see this beast and well-known London landmark every time I travel from South London into Victoria.  Seeing it always made me feel like I was home when back from college in Falmouth and most importantly because my Grandad worked there. 

That was when it was a busy site supplying power to London but since 1983, it has lay dormant while property developers decide what to do with it. 

Its also become a popular image to put onto interiors products such as this cushion by Snowden Flood which I really, really like. 

Snowden has also put other iconic landmarks on cushions including the Statue of Liberty, Tower Bridge, the London Eye and the Taj Mahal

I think my Grandad would have really liked this cushion too and been proud to see his former workplace featured alongside such recognised landmarks. I know I am. 




No comments:

Post a Comment